Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Morning Routine


I have something I need to get off my chest:

I'm a morning person.

Whew. Glad I got that out there. 

Some people ask me "how" I do it, and honestly...I don't know. I've always been one to just get up, get out of bed, and get stuff done. If I don't, I feel like the whole day is just going to be a complete wreck.



My morning routine goes something like this:

  • Wake up (woah, how innovative), typically at 5 am
  • Make my bed, start some coffee Or tea, depending on what I'm in the mood for that day.
  • Exercise. his also varies based on my mood. Sometimes I go through a Zumba video, other times I just wing it, if I have Snickers I'll take him on a walk. It all depends on the day! A few of my friends like to judge me because sometimes I do Blogilates. But you should definitely try it!!
  • Breakfast time! I almost always eat either a bowl of cereal or a cup of yogurt, with that cup of coffee (or tea) I started earlier. Or, you know, 5 cups of coffee. If you recall from this post, I have a coffee maker right next to my bed. I don't have a problem. I swear. Okay, I might.
  • While I eat breakfast, I also take the time to read the news and catch up on my favorite blogs. I love to use Feedly for this, because it separates everything into categories and formats it so it's simple to read everything in one place. I have it on my phone, my tablet, and my computer. I definitely recommend it. Sometimes I do this in the chair by my bed, but I also love to take it out onto my balcony and get some fresh air before the rest of the complex is up (and loud. So very loud.)
  • Now it's time to actually get ready. I shower, brush my teeth, do my hair and makeup, and get dressed. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.
  • Start the day! Yep, that's the last step. After I'm done with my morning routine, I just start on whatever I happen to have on my to-do list. (Have you used Todoist? It's basically saved my life.)

So I guess that's how I do it; that's how I'm a morning person. I have a routine and I stick to, it I basically just run on auto-pilot until I get dressed. Once you establish a routine that fits your lifestyle, it really isn't that difficult to maintain it. So, if you want (or need) to become a morning person, I definitely recommend establishing a routine for yourself!!

Obviously, I'm not telling you to wake up at 5 like I do; that definitely doesn't work for everyone. Just find something that works for you and stick to it! You'll be amazed what you can do (and how early you can do it) when you really put your mind to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment