Saturday, May 17, 2014

Post-Grad Stress


It is driving my absolutely crazy.

I'm in the awkward limbo between graduating and finding a job and I am about to die of anxiety and boredom!
I hate being bored, so I've been having to find things to entertain myself.
Well, maybe it's more things to occupy my time rather than to entertain myself.
Yesterday I actually reorganized my bathroom.
I mean WHAT?
It's a bathroom, what could I possibly reorganize? Apparently ever single item in every single drawer and cabinet. Which I did.

And let's not even talk about how many hours I spend worrying about the fact that I don't have a job yet.
I never had any issues getting an internship, so now the fact that none of the places I've applied are calling me back is really freaking me out.

But I just need to realize that there are a lot of potential employees on the market right now and that when the perfect job for my current situation comes along, it'll well...come along.

But that doesn't help deal with my seemingly eternal boredom!
My go-to time waster is to go to IKEA or Concord Mills, and my wallet really doesn't appreciate it--especially since I'm currently unemployed! I need to worry about saving for my future rent, not spending for my current wants! It's just so hard when I don't know how else to spend my time.

I've been trying to get into some new hobbies, but those cost money too!
So basically, I'm just trying to occupy myself in my apartment with books and television which, honestly, is not very thrilling, but it's working. For now!
I'm just a little afraid about what's going to happen when I run out of books to read and shows to watch!

I've actually been thinking maybe I'll start taking strolls around my university or even Charlotte (kind of inspired by all of Carly's beautiful pictures from her walks that she posts up on The College Prepster.)
I mean, I'm not in New York City, but I'm sure I could make some great finds!

What do you think? I'm thinking casual strolls through the city might actually entertain me more than organizing my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment