Saturday, June 21, 2014

Prepare for Paradise: Day at Sea, Part 1


28 Days!

Only 28 more days until I will be enjoying a fabulous cruise to the Caribbean!



And to start off this fabulous cruise, we have a lovely Day at Sea! These are actually some of my favorite days, because you get to explore the ship and do so much.

Here are some of my favorite things to do at sea:


  1. Relax
    Obviously, a Day at Sea is always a chance to relax, because you don't feel pressured to see every sight and do everything you can possibly do in the few short hours you ave ashore. I love to have a nice breakfast in the dining room, then take my tea (or coffee) to the Lido deck to enjoy the morning breeze and a good book before the crowds get out to the pool. Then I'll head back to the cabin, grab my towel and sunscreen, and I'm out by the pool (still with the good book, of course)

  2. Spa Day
    Another wonderful thing about cruises: the on-board SPA. The spas on Carnival ships offer a variety of different services, but my favorites are the Swedish massage and the Hand ritual (which features a manicure!) The services vary from acupuncture to detox wraps to teeth whitening, so there's something for everyone at almost any price point. (But I mean, you're on a cruise. You're going to splurge a little, right?)

  3. Eat Around the World
    On the Lido deck, there are tons of different style foods to try, and I like to try at least one new thing a day. I'm very picky, so the fact that I can just try a little is definitely a big deal to me. Carnival has tons of different food options, ranging from American to Mongolian to Mexican, so it is entirely possible to eat something different for every meal! They also have this great thing called the "Taste Bar," where you literally just get to taste a delicious new food every day!

  4. Shows
    There is never a shortage for entertainment on a Carnival cruise. They offer shows, music, cocktail parties; it's absolutely fabulous. I love to stop by the piano bar right before dinner and enjoy a cocktail while listening to the pianist play jazz pieces and even some top 40 hits! I also love to check out the comedy shows and dance performances they have on stage.

  5. Get Fit
    There's no reason to fall off the bandwagon on a cruise, because they offer so many different ways to stay in shape while you're aboard. There's a fabulous track, wonderful gym facilities, and even group classes! I'm a fan of the elliptical, but sometimes I'll take a walk around the track in the morning. Even if you're just wandering around the boat, you're getting exercise, which is pretty nice, considering all of that food you scarfed down at lunch! 

So, there you have it! My favorite things to do while out at sea, waiting to reach paradise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment