Friday, April 11, 2014

Playing Catch Up

I've been so busy with work things, and school things, and after-graduation things lately, that I haven't had time to do any of the things that I actually want to do. I haven't had me-time.

There are just so many things that help keep me sane: reading, watching Netflix, taking a bubble bath, listening to music, painting my nails; I could go on. I haven't allowed time in my schedule recently for much of it, except readingI always make sure to read before bed.

Obviously, it's resulted in a stressed out, overworked version of me that is not very pleasant.

So, this weekend, I have vowed to myself to play catch up on the relaxation that I've missed. I am scheduling time for myself, rather than for everyone else, and I am ensuring this me-time is high on my list of priorities.

Here's what I plan on doing for myself this weekend:

  1. Start Mad Men
  2. Watch new Game of Thrones episode
  3. Take a bubble bath
  4. Finish Tina Fey's Bossypants
  5. Paint my nails (still deciding on gold or coral nail polish....)
  6. Take the time to enjoy music (I partially succeeded at this today. One of my best friends had his senior recital and it was beautiful. If you're not a fan of the cello, you definitely would have been after hearing his recital.)

No matter what, I am going to let myself relax and do these things this weekend. I need it for myself, and I'm pretty sure everyone around me will find me a little bit more enjoyable when I'm not so stressed over everything. 

Does anyone have any relaxation tips that I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment