Thursday, April 10, 2014

Book Review: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?





I'm not gonna lie, this book wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be. That's not to say it wasn't good; it was a very interesting read. Maybe not as interesting as say, Game of Thrones, but interesting nonetheless.

In my opinion, Mindy spent more time expressing her feelings about subjects than actually telling the story of her life. And the way it is written is very choppy, jumping from one part of life to the next without the barest mention of a segue.

For these reasons, I consider this book a 7/10.

Now for the good:

It's a very well written book. The structure and grammar is there, of which I am a big fan. And, of course, it's funny. If you're buying a book written by Mindy Kaling, it had better be funny. It is certainly not a book that disappoints.

It's also a relatively quick and easy read. It took me maybe 4 days to finish, reading it in the 20-30 minutes before I go to bed. So I'd say a little less than 2 hours in total. Not bad at all.

Like I said, it wasn't entirely what I was expecting, but that does not stop it from being a good book. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

If anyone else has read it, or has any book suggestions (currently reading Tina Fey's Bossypants,) feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment