Friday, April 18, 2014

Look Back


This has been quite the week; I've just gotten so lost in all of my work and school assignments that I was never even entirely sure what day it was. It was hard to just sit back and enjoy the moment, which is something I really need to force myself to do more often.

Looking back on it now, this was quite busy, but it was also quite entertaining. Here's what I most enjoyed about my week:


  1. Chi Omega Workshop
    Our National Consultant came and visited us and gave us a workshop on sisterhood, which most of us didn't even realize we needed. With the stress of life pressing down on us, we placed our sisterhood on the back burner, which is never something we want to do--especially me, as a senior. I want to be able to enjoy every moment of active sisterhood that I can. She reminded us that sometimes you have to create your own happiness and that no matter what, there will always be a sister there for us in our times of need; she also introduced us to some fun activities that can be used at sisterhood events in the future. She basically opened my eyes to how I can make my life, and my last moments as an active sister of Chi Omega, more enjoyable.

  2. No work!
    Okay, so this is kind of bittersweet. I didn't have to work at my internship at all this week, so I had a lot of time to catch up on all of my assignments and relax a little, but I also didn't make any money. That's definitely going to come and bite me next week when I don't get a paycheck. But having so much free time was such a blessing, and it gave me time to evaluate my life and make sure I'm on track; I'm definitely a planner, so I needed to make sure everything was going according to plan!

  3. RAW Art Event
    Last night I went with my friends to an art event! It was very exciting. My friend had to go for her internship at an art gallery and didn't want to go alone, so she took us with her! It was so exciting. There were so many different types of art and some were even interactive; I've never been to an art show like this one. They also had bands performing and a lot of other stuff going on. They held a fashion show as well, but it was at the very end so we had to miss it. :( It was such a fabulous experience and I'm glad she decided to share it with me and our other friend!

Like I said, it may not have been the most exciting week, but there were definitely things to be happy about. As our National Consultant told us, you need to always find something to be happy about in the moment, because if you're waiting for happiness in the future you will never truly be happy. (You should check her out: http://thesunnygirl.com/.)

Is there anything that happened that made your week? Or anything you're just especially proud of from this past week? I'd love to hear about it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment