Saturday, April 5, 2014

35 Days

That's how long I have until I graduate from Winthrop University with my Undergraduate Degree.
(Let's be real: this is probably going to be my only degree; I don't think my sanity or my wallet can handle any more school.)

I will be receiving a Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing and a minor in Visual Design Studies.
Sound intense? It was at first. But now all of the blood, sweat, and tears I put into all of my schoolwork seem like absolutely nothing. Because I'm entering the real world now. There will be no professors with an abundance of advice to call on when I'm stressed; no last minute emails telling my professors I'm "sick" and won't be able to make it to class; no strolling in to class looking like a hobo and not being judged for it because it's a Monday. All of that will be over,

In 35 Days.
THIRTY. FIVE. DAYS.

I'm not gonna lie, I am nowhere near as prepared as I should be. I don't even have a job yet. Not from lack of trying, of course; apparently all of these companies don't think I'm quite as fabulous as I do. And let's not even talk about how I am going to pay back this plethora of student loans once I graduate if I can't find a job. Shit's about to get real.
Because now I'm going to have to make sure I don't sleep through an alarm (or 4). And that professional wardrobe I told myself to buy a year ago? Yeah, I still don't have it and I actually need it now. It's time for me to buckle down, because the real world is speeding my way and I am nowhere near prepared enough to jump on.

And so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment