Thursday, May 15, 2014

Rain, Rain, Go Away


It's raining.
And it has been all. Day. Long.

Now, I'm not usually one to bash the rain. A rainy day is the perfect opportunity to curl up and read a good book or catch up on some of my shows (I'm 3 episodes behind on Game of Thrones!)

But I had so much I had planned to do outside today, and I didn't get to do any of it because there was a storm! And let's not even talk about the power outage. Life gets especially difficult when the only light you have to read by is a tiny little book-light and that is dying.

Thankfully, the power came back on before I lost my sanity. (And before my book-light died!)

But I'm still upset at all of the things I missed. I was supposed to start my plan to become a "well woman" today! I was supposed to run (ahem, walk) a mile! And I, my friends, am certainly not doing that while there is thunder and lightning outside. It's enough of a struggle to get me to run when the weather is clear.
I've been trying to figure out an indoor activity to do today instead, but I haven't found anything that really suits me yet.

And the pool.

I didn't get to go to the pool! The pool at my apartment just opened for the summer this past weekend, but I haven't been able to go because of graduation, Mother's Day, interviews, cleaning, etc, etc. And now because of the rain.

Yes, curling up reading a book on my bed is nice.
But reading a book while laying out by the pool so much better.
Not that I would know, since the lovely storm ruined my plans.

I spent all day lounging around, reading a book (Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, if you're wondering) and playing QuizUp on my bed.


I am an ADULT. That is not how I should be spending my time on a rainy day!! 
(In all honesty, I should be working. But I have two interviews coming up, so hopefully that'll be remedied quickly!)

I should be lounging by the pool, enjoying my mindless novel and sipping something fruity while I try and develop some sort of tan.
See that white blanket on my bed? Yeah, it might be darker than I am right now. It's that bad.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice a clear, with just a few clouds, so hopefully I'll just be able to enjoy myself tomorrow.
And I have an interview tomorrow morning, so already I'm excited!

I'll enjoy a nice run (walk) in the morning, go to my interview, treat myself to lunch, and then spend the rest of the day (or until I feel myself turning in Sebastian) by the pool! Sounds perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment