Sunday, May 18, 2014

Passing the Time


I actually went running today, guys!
Since I've planning on starting that for, y'know, 4 days, I'm really proud of myself for actually getting out there and doing it today.

And, okay, I didn't actually get out to run, really. It was raining again, so I journeyed over to the complex gym and hopped on a treadmill. (Let's not even talk about the interesting characters that I encountered)

And if I'm being completely honest, I didn't run the whole time.
Like I mentioned in my well woman post, I downloaded the Couch-to-5k app, and I did the first day's workout today. Basically, I walked for 5 minutes and then alternated between running and walking for 20 minutes.
Which means I exercised for 25 minutes today! Woo! Slowly making my way to being almost healthy. Almost.

And tomorrow I'm going to the Riverwalk with one of my friends to run (walk) some more!
We're both pretty out of shape, so we know neither one of us will feel inferior during our run (walk) haha

And River Walk is so beautiful.
It's an "outdoor community" that recently opened--and by recently, I mean like a year ago--but I haven't actually had a chance to go!
My roommate has taken her dog there and talks about how great it is, so I cannot wait to go tomorrow!

I'm probably going to try and take tons of pictures, so I'll have those to show you. Pictures of the beautiful scenery of course, not my friend and me; I don't want to scare you away with my post-workout redface.

No comments:

Post a Comment