Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Prepare for Paradise: St. Maarten

17 Days!


image from Carnival website


Our final island on this cruise is St. Maarten!
I haven't been here in a long time (I think I was 11 last time we came) so I'm super excited!!

Here are a few fun things you can do in this tropical paradise!!

  1. Snorkel
    Okay, I'm not going to lie: I am absolutely terrified of snorkeling. I tried it once with my dad when I was like 8 and the moment they mentioned jellyfish I was like, uh BYE. But now that I'm older and a little more sensible (just a little) it really seems like fun. I really think if I have time I'm going to give it another shot. Although, I'm still probably going to make my daddy go with me. I'm a wimp.

  2. Stuff your face
    There is SUCH a great variety of food on this island. Want to eat the local fare? Go for it? Got a craving for some barbecue? You're set. Hungry for a hamburger? You'll be okay. In the mood for something a little more gourmet? Yup, they've got that, too. It's basically impossible to go hungry as a tourist on this island. There is just SO. MUCH. FOOD. There's also this fabulous shop that sells DELICIOUS Belgian chocolates. I don't think I have ever tasted anything so wonderful.

  3. Dance
    Ever wanted to go to a calypso bar? Well, here you can! And while you're there, head on over to the dance floor to show off your moves! A word of warning: twerking is not an accepted form of dance here. (Although realistically it shouldn't be an accepted form of dance anywhere. But if you want to twerk, go for it.)

  4. Shop
    Do I really even have to say it at this point? The shops here are right along the waterfront and are absolutely fabulous.

This is the final port on my cruise, so I'm definitely going to be trying to get the most out of it. Hopefully I'll have budgeted well at the other ports so I can actually enjoy myself appropriately! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment