Thursday, July 10, 2014

Healthy Eating




Is it as hard for you as it is for me?

Because I slowly came to the realization this holiday weekend that I basically just a whole lot of junk. Fried, salty, unhealthy junk.

Fourth of July? Barbecue.
Mom's birthday? Cookout.
Sunday? Pizza.

The only remotely healthy meal I had was Monday, when my dad made teriyaki chicken with rice and I made edamame. Even that is truly healthy but hey, it's better than pizza, right?

I visited my parents from Friday until Tuesday, partly for the Fourth, partly for my mom's birthday, and partly for a dentist appointment. I need to find a new dentist!!

When I got home, I really started thinking about how unhealthy I've been. And then I thought about all of the food that I'm going to eat on my cruise (filet mignon, warm chocolate melting cake, and the bread. Oh god the bread.) So, I made the decision: for the next week, until I get on my cruise, I will be eating healthier. I went to the grocery store and picked up fruit, vegetables, eggs, chicken, and green tea.

Yesterday was the first day of my new healthy eating plan, but I did very well! Hopefully I can keep it up until my cruise and even get back on track afterwards. There is no way I will be able to eat healthy on my cruise. That warm chocolate melting cake is just entirely too delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment